Updated on: December 1, 2020
Come into force date: December 1, 2020
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
To provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide necessary personal data that is required to provide those services. If you do not provide your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
1. User Device Information
Your device OS version, Time and Time zone, etc will be collected so you can setup and manage your alarm clocks.
2. Device Information
SmartShaker3 device identifier, MAC address, firmware version, etc. will be collected so that you can setup and manage your alarm clocks and update your device firmware via SmartShaker3 app.
HOW THE PERSONAL DATA IS USED
The personal data we collect will be used to let you use the SmartShaker3 app and control the SmartShaker3 devices purchased from us.
- To provide you with our products and services, to ensure the functions and safety of our products, to verify your identity, to prevent and trace fraudulent or inappropriate usage.
- To develop our products and services, together with general and statistical information.
- To communicate with you, including notifications on products and services that are updated or launched.
- To provide marketing and promotional materials about our products and services (please note that you can unsubscribe anytime).
- To personalize product design and to provide you with services tailored for you, for example, recommending and displaying information and advertisements regarding products suited to you, and to invite you to participate in surveys relevant to your use of SmartShaker3 product and service.
- To conduct investigations regarding our products and services.
- If you participate in our lottery, contest or other promotions, we may use your personal data to manage such activities.
- To provide maintenance services, monitor software licenses, improve our products or analyze the efficiency of our operations.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
- In order to conduct business operations smoothly, the SmartShaker3 entity which collects your personal data may disclose your personal data from time to time to our third party service providers which are our mailing houses, delivery service providers, telecommunications companies, cloud service providers, data centers, data storage facilities, and customer service providers, agents, related corporations, and/or other third parties (together “Third Party Service Providers”). Such Third-Party Service Providers would be processing your personal data on SmartShaker3’s behalf or for one or more of the purposes listed above.
- Personal data will only be shared by SmartShaker3 to provide or improve our products or services and will not be shared for use for marketing purposes.
DISCLOSURE TO OTHERS
SmartShaker3 may disclose your personal data without further consent if required or permitted by law in the following cases:
- Cases in which the disclosure is required or authorized based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
- Cases in which the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of the individual or another individual;
- Cases in which the disclosure is necessary for the prevention of crime or legal proceedings;
- Cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in the individual’s interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- Cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- Cases in which the disclosure is to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency upon production of written authorization signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency, or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer; and/or
- Cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest.
We use statistical data that does not specifically identify you (non-personal data) to help in our operations and improve our products and services and provide a better user experience for you. Here are some of the non-personal data we may collect and how we use them:
- When you opt-in to participate in our User Experience Improvement Program, we may gather statistics relating to your use of our products functions, on an anonymous basis. This may include information relating to your use of our official website, products and services. If there is an abnormal shutdown or breakdown, we may collect information relating to your mobile device to diagnose the problem.
- When you use the Internet browser in using our products and services, we may collect log information, e.g. IP address, browser type, language, reference source, operating system, date and time marking and click rate data. When you first use and activate your SmartShaker3 device, the device’s unique identification code and approximate geographical information may be collected.
If you want, you can delete all the following information via uninstalling SmartShaker3 app.
- User Device Information
- Device Information
INFORMATION SAFETY SAFEGUARDS
Various preventive measures will be taken to protect your personal information from loss, theft and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. To ensure the security of your personal information, our company has strict information security regulations and procedures, and has a dedicated information team to strictly implement the above measures within the company. Your information is stored on the servers. For security and backup purposes, we may store your information and data on the servers of other affiliated companies.
INFORMATION RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain your information for the period necessary to achieve the purposes set out in this personal information protection policy, unless required or permitted by law to do so for a longer period.
COMPLAINTS AND FEEDBACK
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information policy or data processing, just let us know by email@example.com.
We may revise and update this policy at any time and issue a notice on the website 30 days in advance. If you continue to use the related services of the SmartShaker3 platform on the date when the amendment update officially takes effect, you will be deemed to agree to our revision update.